[Haskell-cafe] expanded standard lib

David Menendez dave at zednenem.com
Wed Nov 21 09:47:51 EST 2007

On Nov 21, 2007 5:59 AM, Simon Peyton-Jones <simonpj at microsoft.com> wrote:
> 2.  We absolutely must not conflate GHC releases with QA-stamped library bundles.  The latter would be great, but the two must be separate.  (For reasons given by others in this thread.)

Someone in a previous thread made an analogy between GHC and the linux
kernel. I imagine that third-party Haskell distributions, consisting
of GHC/Hugs/whatever and some bundled packages, would meet the desire
for a "batteries included" Haskell implementation without tying the
most popular libraries to GHC releases.

--
Dave Menendez <dave at zednenem.com>
<http://www.eyrie.org/~zednenem/>