[Haskell-cafe] Re: How to abort a computation within Continuation Monad?

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Wed Nov 21 03:42:59 EST 2007

gleb.alexeev:
> Derek Elkins wrote:
>
> >>  As Derek Elkins has written, one of the options is to use delimited
> >>continuations, see
> >>http://research.microsoft.com/~simonpj/papers/control/ for Haskell
> >>implementation.
> >
> >I made no such suggestion.
>
> I didn't mean that you suggested using implementation referenced above.
> But you suggested using 'control' which is obviously a delimited control
> operator and that is what I was trying to say.

While we're here, it might be a good time to remind people also that
we've got:

    http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/CC-delcont-0.1

    An implementation of multi-prompt delimited continuations based on the
    paper, A Monadic Framework
    for Delimited Continuations, by R. Kent Dybvig, Simon Peyton Jones and
    Amr Sabry

    It also includes a corresponding implementation of dynamically
    scoped variables, as implemented in the paper, Delimited Dynamic
    Binding, by Oleg Kiselyov, Chung-chieh Shan and Amr Sabry

sitting on hackage, thanks to the work of Dan Doel, who jumped in to
fill a gap in the libraries.

-- Don