[Haskell-cafe] Tetris

Conal Elliott conal at conal.net
Tue Nov 20 21:27:59 EST 2007

Moreover, functional programming makes it easy to have much more state than
imperative programming, namely state over *continuous* time.  The temporally
discrete time imposed by the imperative model is pretty puny in comparison.
Continuous (or "resolution-independent") time has the same advantages as
continuous space: resource-adaptive, scalable, transformable.