[Haskell-cafe] expanded standard lib

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Tue Nov 20 15:04:08 EST 2007

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:

> On Nov 20, 2007, at 5:45 , Bulat Ziganshin wrote:
>
>> it can be made easy and automatic by just publishing "number of
>> downloads" on hackage
>
> So if I download all 4 HTML libs to try to figure out which one fits
> best, I mod all four up?  Seems wrong to me.

Also seems to have a tendancy to make older libs look "better" than
newer ones. (They will have been downloaded more just because they've
been there longer.)

I think download stats would be nice, but having a way for users to
comment (and manually select a rating) would be nice too. Why not do all
of them? :-D

(Oh yeah - somebody still needs to write the code...)