[Haskell-cafe] expanded standard lib

Thomas Hartman thomas.hartman at db.com
Mon Nov 19 17:27:30 EST 2007

the php documentation has "user contributed notes" where people can leave
sniplets of useful code as comments, eg

I think this is a very nice feature.

Henning Thielemann <lemming at henning-thielemann.de>
Sent by: haskell-cafe-bounces at haskell.org
11/19/2007 05:21 PM

Haskell Cafe <haskell-cafe at haskell.org>

Re: [Haskell-cafe] expanded standard lib

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007, Mads [ISO-8859-1] Lindstrøm wrote:

> It occurred to me that the voting could be implicit. That is, if 10
> libraries/programs use library X, then library X gets 10 votes. Kind of
> like Google PageRank for libraries.

It would be good if users could comment verbally. They could comment like
"efficient implementation, but weakly typed interface", "very general but
not very well documented". One cannot express everything with a scalar
popularity value.
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe at haskell.org

e-mail is strictly forbidden.