[Haskell-cafe] New demo/test program for Yhc Javascript backend

Dimitry Golubovsky golubovsky at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 09:04:58 EST 2007

Bit,

On Nov 18, 2007 8:41 AM, Bit Connor <bit at mutantlemon.com> wrote:

> Safari 3.0.2 for windows gives an error though:
>
>   Maximum call stack size exceeded.
>   http://darcs.haskell.org/yhc/web/jsdemos/HsWTKDemo.html Line: 87

This  is in fact a huge progress for Safari ;) Year ago, Safari on Mac
gave some weird error message "Type Error line 1".

See http://osdir.com/ml/lang.haskell.yhc/2006-11/msg00033.html

The problem is, I am not sure how it enumerates lines.

Lines around 87 (ran with pr -n):

   83   var consStr = function (s) {
   84     if (s.length == 0) {
   85       return new HSEOL ();
   86     } else {
   87       var hdc = mkChar (s.charCodeAt (0));
   88       return new HSCons (hdc, s.length > 1 ? s.substring (1) :
consStr (""));
   89     };
   90   };

Nothing suspicious because mkChar is a wrapper around the Number constructor.

Line 314:

  312   function NEG_D(a) {
  313     return -(exprEval(a));
  314   }

and so on.

> Sometimes it gives the same error but instead of line 87 with line
> 314, and other times line 224 or 422

But does it at least display the widgets? Or do these errors appear as
you press buttons/type anything?

> Are you aware of this issue?

Now I am ;) But to me not being an expert in Safari, these error
messages do little help (or if at least I knew what actual lines they
meant)...

Thanks.

--
Dimitry Golubovsky