[Haskell-cafe] Stream fusion for Hackage

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Sun Nov 18 05:08:50 EST 2007

Don Stewart wrote:
> Just a quick announce: the stream fusion library for lists,
> that Duncan Coutts, Roman Leshchinskiy and I worked on earlier this year
> is now available on Hackage as a standalone package:
>
>     http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/stream-fusion-0.1.1
>
> As described in the recent paper:
>
>     "Stream Fusion: From Lists to Streams to Nothing at All"
>     Duncan Coutts, Roman Leshchinskiy and Don Stewart. ICFP 2007
>
> This is a drop-in replacement for Data.List.

So let me get this straight... If I take a program that does lots of
list processing, and import this module instead of Data.List, the
program will magically go faster?

Sounds good to me! :-D

I wonder if this will make my Burrows-Weeler Transform program go any
faster? That's 100% list processing...