[Haskell-cafe] ghc 6.8.1 bug?

Alberto Ruiz aruiz at um.es
Fri Nov 16 08:56:14 EST 2007

Simon, I have only tested 32-bit machines, I will try to test also on 64-bit.

Michael, I have also observed strange ATLAS behavior. For example, I can make
atlas3-sse2 segfault on big matrices (1000x1000) in ubuntu 6.06 and 7.04, so
I typically use atlas3-base. In fact, I found a similar problem:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.devel.bugs.general/323065

(However, atlas3-sse2 seems to work well in ubuntu 7.10...)

But I have removed ATLAS and the problem persists even with the basic refblas3
and lapack available in my ubuntu 6.06: lapack3-dev 3.0.2000531a-6ubuntu2.
And I can even produce errors on GSL functions.

In my particular case all errors disappear if I set -O0 or -O -fvia-C. I will
try to find a minimal test case exposing the problem with -fasm.

Alberto