[Haskell-cafe] (general question) Approaches for storing large amount of simple data structures

bbrown bbrown at botspiritcompany.com
Thu Nov 15 18:24:45 EST 2007

I have a project where I want to store a data structure on a file, binary or
ascii.  And I want to use haskell to read and write the file. I will have
about half a million records so it would be nice if the format was able to
load quickly.  I guess I could, but I kind of want to avoid using XML.

I have the following structure in pseudo code.

A URL -> id
      -> keywords associated with that URL
      -> title associated with that URL
      -> links contained in that URL. (0 ... N)

What is an approach for saving 500 thousand of those types of records and
where I can load the data into a haskell data type.

--
Berlin Brown
[berlin dot brown at gmail dot com]