[Haskell-cafe] dropSpace not exported in ByteString

Olivier Boudry olivier.boudry at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 17:21:15 EST 2007

Hi all,

I'm writing a Haskell program to do some address cleansing. The program uses
the ByteString library.

Data.ByteString.Char8 documentations shows functions for removing whitespace
from start or end of a ByteString. Those functions are said to be more
efficient than the dropWhile / reverse mixes.

It looks exactly like what I'm searching for, but apparently those functions
are not exported by the Data.ByteString.Char8 module. Are those functions
only called by rules? Transformation of dropWhile isSpace into dropSpace?
I've seen such a rule for dropSpace but did not found an equivalent rule for
dropSpaceEnd.

Is there a way to call the dropSpace and dropSpaceEnd or do I have to code
with dropWhile and hope that some rule will magically transform my
dropWhileS into dropSpaceS?

Thanks,

Olivier.