[Haskell-cafe] ghc 6.8.1 bug?

Joel Koerwer joelkoerwer at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 07:33:37 EST 2007

I'm also seeing unusual behavior from GSL under ghc-6.8.1. I get a
singular matrix error where there was none before, but if I prefix the
function's rhs with "m `seq`", where m is the matrix in question, the
error goes away.

I'll try removing the seq and compiling with -fvia-C tomorrow to see
if I can confirm that that makes the problem go away too. Certain
inputs cause it to fail repeatably, while others do not fail; I'm not
seeing random behavior like Alberto is. Strange indeed.

-- Joel