[Haskell-cafe] Chart plotting libraries

Jules Bean jules at jellybean.co.uk
Thu Nov 15 04:31:42 EST 2007

Tim Docker wrote:
> don:
>> jon:
>>>
>>> I'd like some free software to help me plot charts like the one from the
>>> ray tracer language comparison:
>> A quick search of hackage.haskell.org,
>>
>>     http://dockerz.net/twd/HaskellCharts
>
> I need to update the package to build under ghc-6.8.1, though I think it's
> just a change to the cabal config, rather than any to any code.
>
> As of 6.8.1 it needs to depends on the "new" package called
> "old-locale-1.0.0.0". Presumably this API is intended to become
> deprecated, though I don't see a replacement.

Data.Time.*, including Data.Time.Clock and Data.Time.Format, are the
"new-style" API to times and dates, but they still use the TimeLocale
data type from old-locale, so I guess that time-1.1.2 still "depends on"
  old-locale-1.0.0.0.

I agree it seems strange because the naming convention "old-" does
appear to suggest deprecation.

Jules