[Haskell-cafe] Fwd: Trouble using HDBC-postgres on Windows - can'tfind libpq.dll

Justin Bailey jgbailey at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 11:49:15 EST 2007

On Nov 13, 2007 7:09 AM, Bayley, Alistair
<Alistair_Bayley at invescoperpetual.co.uk> wrote:

> You're using runghc, so I guess that must use ghci, or something
> equivalent. You may find, now that you've changed the cabal entry to
> libpq, that you can no longer build with ghc (the compiler). But my
> memory of this is hazy. I think it's better to stick with "pq" in the
> cabal file (and copy libpq.dll to pq.dll), because this works for Unix
> systems too.

Luckily, GHC doesn't break with this change. However, I agree the
cabal file should remain unchanged. I fixed it locally and plan to
send a patch to the README included with the library to the author. If
you can't fix it in the code, there is always the documentation right?
:)

Justin