[Haskell-cafe] Why are OCaml and Haskell being used at these companies?

Galchin Vasili vigalchin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 15:00:28 EST 2007

    Using http://www.indeed.com with the search phrase "Haskell functional",
I found several Haskell positions inclusing

Quantitative Functional Programmer (Analyst -
Credit Suisse - New York, NY
Specific *Language* (embedded in *Haskell*) that will be... of competence in
either *Haskell* or another statically-typed functional *language*. The
ability to build...
>From Credit Suisse - November 11, 3:32 PM

I am looking for (objective.. i.e. not juts FPL cheerleading) opinions as to
why Wall Street ( http://www.janestcapital.com/) and banking  are now using
OCaml and Haskell. I really want to understand what industrial markets are
adopting FPLs and why in order to help push FPLs penetration into industry.
Another company is http://www.galois.com
Kind regards, Vasya