[Haskell-cafe] Upgrading X11

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Sun Nov 11 13:04:19 EST 2007

jim:

> I have X11 1.2.2 installed and wanted to upgrade to 1.3 (to satisfy the
> dependencies of another package), but "Setup configure" tells me I don't
> have the headers installed. I do, and when I configure 1.2.2 they're
> detected. Is this due to the newer version of Cabal? I have ghc 6.6, Cabal
> 1.1.6.

I'd need to see the exact message, but on some systems, notably OSX, the
X headers are a little hard to find. This documents the issue:

http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Xmonad/Frequently_asked_questions#X11_fails_to_find_libX11_or_libXinerama

This was improved in the darcs branch of X11, at
http://darcs.haskell.org/X11 if you're interested.

-- Don