[Haskell-cafe] How to do this in Haskell

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Sun Nov 11 07:41:58 EST 2007

On Sat, 2007-11-10 at 23:44 -0700, Chris Smith wrote:
> If you wanted to write a Haskell application that included a WYSIWYG
> HTML editor, how would you do it?
>
> More details:
>
> - I'll probably be using Gtk2Hs for the app, though that could change
> with a (very) good reason.

I would look into binding extensions of the GtkMozEmbed widget. The
current GtkMozEmbed API does not expose the Gecko engine's html editing
features. Alternatively I'd look at binding the GtkHTML3 library. It's
used as the html editor in the evolution email client. I'm not sure if
WebKit/Gtk has html editing features, it might be worth looking into.

As others have said, it's not easy however.

Duncan