[Haskell-cafe] Re: How to do this in Haskell

Chris Smith cdsmith at twu.net
Sun Nov 11 06:01:48 EST 2007

Yitzchak Gale wrote:
> I would use fckeditor.

Sorry to be unclear.  I'm looking for a way to integrate an HTML editor
into a GUI application, not a web application.  Unless I missed
something, fckeditor is a JavaScript-based component that is designed to
be included in a web page.

> Why do you need to write an HTML editor from scratch
> in Haskell? That is a very, very big wheel to re-invent.

Right, which is why I'm trying to avoid reinventing it.  Writing a new
HTML editor is not even a consideration.  I'm looking at the effort to
integrate the Mozilla editor component, and wondering if there are other
components that could be used instead in a Gtk2Hs application.

--
Chris Smith