[Haskell-cafe] MD5?

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 16:42:27 EST 2007

Hi

> The MD5SUM.EXE file I have chokes if you ask it to hash a file in
> another directory. It will hash from stdin, or from a file in the
> current directory, but point-blank refuses to hash anything else.

Try http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/fp/yhc/dependencies/UnxUtils.zip - that
has an MD5SUM program in it that seems to work fine on things in
different directories. It also has many other great utilities in it.

I'm trying to imagine what mistake the authors of your version of
MD5SUM must have made to screw up files in different directories, but
it eludes me...

Thanks

Neil