[Haskell-cafe] Haskell performance question

Dan Piponi dpiponi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 19:58:42 EST 2007

On Nov 8, 2007 2:48 PM, Duncan Coutts <duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> You really do not need happy to build ghc. Just ignore the extralibs
> tarball.

Well that was the crucial fact I needed. 6.8.1 is now built. ghci
doesn't work, it complains about an unknown symbol '_environ' in
HSbase-3.0.0.0.o but I was able to rerun the timings for my code. WIth
-O2 the run time went from about 1.5s to 0.2s. With unsafeRead and
unsafeWrite that becomes 0.16s. I can start thinking about writing
lots of Fortran in Haskell now.

(Anyone have any idea what that missing symbol is about?)
--
Dan