[Haskell-cafe] Haskell performance question

Dan Piponi dpiponi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 16:00:31 EST 2007

On Nov 8, 2007 12:36 PM, Don Stewart <dons at galois.com> wrote:
> dpiponi:
> Can you start by retrying with flags from the spectral-norm benchmark:
>     http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/gp4/benchmark.php?test=spectralnorm&lang=ghc&id=0

Actually, that was my starting point for investigating how to optimise
Haskell numerical code and I initially used all of those flags.
-fvia-C isn't listed among those flags but I also tried adding it
anyway. 1.45s every time, they make no difference. (And I made sure I
touched the source each time to force recompilation.) It looks like my
whole question might become moot with ghc 6.8.1, but so far I've been
unable to build it due to the cyclic happy dependency.
--
Dan