[Haskell-cafe] [OT] GHC uninstall on Linux

Dusan Kolar kolar at fit.vutbr.cz
Wed Nov 7 04:41:53 EST 2007

Hello all,

  I use tar.bz2 binary distribution of GHC compiler as my distro does
not use any supported packaging system. Everything is fine, but... I
want to install the new version of the GHC compiler. Is there any (easy)
way, how to get information about what was copied and where during
installation? (./configure; make install) There seems to be no uninstall
target in the Makefile. :-( And I want to uninstall the previous version
of the compiler.

  Is it safe to delete files/folders just from /usr/local/lib/ghc-6.6.1
and /usr/local/bin/gh* ?

  Thanks for any hint

    Dusan

P.S.