[Haskell-cafe] Re: ghc -e with standard input

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Tue Nov 6 00:58:26 EST 2007

On Nov 6, 2007, at 0:48 , Maurí cio wrote:

> Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH escreveu:
>> On Nov 6, 2007, at 0:16 , Maurí cio wrote:
>>> Actually, what I want is to select a region of
>>> text from emacs and get back the result of that
>>> evaluated as haskell code. So, I need something
>>> that is fast to type, since I'll use it all the
>>> time. Maybe I should learn how to write a small
>>> shell script that in turn would call xargs ghc.
>> You might want to take a look at Shim:  http://shim.haskellco.de/
>> trac/
>
> Both 'shim.haskellco.de/trac' and 'shim.haskellco.de'
> says "500 Internal Server Error". Just 'haskellco.de'
> says "Nothing to see here - move along". What was I
> supposed to see there?

Huh, that's unfortunate.  The code is on http://code.haskell.org/shim
at least.

Shim is a small external program and a collection of elisp which adds
"live" typechecking and expression evaluation (among other things) to
Emacs haskell-mode.  I didn't have much luck with it myself, but I
use xemacs instead of FSF and Shim (and, for that matter, haskell-
mode!) don't play well with xemacs.

(the README still references the URL I gave you, so maybe this is a
temporary outage...)

system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery at ece.cmu.edu