[Haskell-cafe] Re: torrent for 6.8.1?

Alex Tarkovsky alextarkovsky at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 01:03:26 EST 2007

brad clawsie wrote:
> do torrents exist for 6.8.1? my experience is that people will use
> torrents if they are offered and they really do lift the pressure from
> the origin domain (haskell.org)

Er, you want to torrent a 7 MB file? ;) That would be a waste of effort
and resources server-side, and a minor hassle client-side. Plus the file
is so small it won't shave any significant load off the server,
especially when nobody will bother to seed it. I'm sure most *nix users
get GHC from their distribution's mirrors anyhow. Mirrors are really
what you need. ;)

--
Alex Tarkovsky