[Haskell-cafe] OpenGL

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Wed May 30 19:21:20 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-30 at 16:09 -0700, Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:
> Jon Harrop wrote:
>
> > Where should I go to get started with OpenGL and Haskell?
>
> Take a look at Gtk2Hs, which has OpenGL bindings.
>
> For example, see http://darcs.haskell.org/gtk2hs/demo/opengl/

The Gtk2Hs OpenGL stuff is only a replacement for the GLUT windowing
tookkit. The Gtk2Hs OpenGL stuff still has to be used in combination
with the standard Graphics.Rendering.OpenGL modules.

The Gtk2Hs OpenGL stuff basically consists of a GL widget that you can
embed into other Gtk+ windows and then use the standard OpenGL calls to
render into the GL widget.

Duncan