[Haskell-cafe] Cute code [was: The C Equiv of != in Haskell miscommunication thread]

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Tue May 29 16:41:38 EDT 2007

Vincent Kraeutler wrote:
> Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:
>
>> P.S. Have some cute code:
>>
>>     Control.Monad.Fix.fix ((1:) . scanl (+) 1)
>>

> this is cute indeed! (do you keep an emergency reserve of those around
> for situations like this? ;-))

LOL! I bet he does as well...

I don't know. I try to tell people Haskell can be beautifully readable
and concise. But there is no denying that Haskell can *also* be cryptic
beyond belief! Even *I* am unable to figure out how the hell that works.
Heck I only even know what it *does* because I got the computer to
execute it for me... o_O