[Haskell-cafe] New book: Real-World Haskell!

Doug Kirk doug at dkirk.com
Tue May 29 15:17:06 EDT 2007

OTOH, I work for companies, and they really value their assets,
especially software assets. So they *want* centralized stuff, so they
can ensure they have consistent backups (in the U.S.A. there is a lot
of regulation under Sarbanes-Oxley that requires this stuff). Right
now we're using ClearCase, which I abhor because it's so
heavyweight...but it is centralized control.

And as for the workflow, svn plugins are "built in" (as in free beer!) to:

-Xcode
-Eclipse
-TextMate
-Mac OS X (via DAV)
-HTML browser

and for

-Windows (if I really MUST use it)

via a download/install. So I can usually view, edit, and commit files
(or my favorite svn feature, a set of files atomically) from wherever
I happen to be working.