[Haskell-cafe] Darcs users [was: New book: Real-World Haskell!]

Doug Kirk doug at dkirk.com
Tue May 29 15:05:48 EDT 2007

I didn't say there weren't others, simply that I didn't know of any
others (I don't just go looking for things online all the
time...having a real job really gets in the way of these things)! So I
wasn't really trying to disparage darcs. But here's another statistic:

http://www.google.com/search?rls=en&q=darcs+inurl:_darcs&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Results 1 - 50 of about 54,100 for darcs inurl:_darcs. (0.38 seconds)

http://www.google.com/search?rls=en&q=svn+inurl:svn&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Results 1 - 50 of about 995,000 for svn inurl:svn. (0.14 seconds)

That's 54,000 pages vs. 995,000 pages. That really was more my point.
(BTW, cvs is still [Results 1 - 50 of about 2,920,000 for cvs
inurl:cvs. (0.17 seconds)])

I *want* people (and companies) to move to Haskell; therefore, I want
to lower the entry "price". The goal is to introduce a new language,
not a new SCM tool. You certainly wouldn't want to leave the
impression that one MUST use darcs in order to use Haskell!