[Haskell-cafe] Distributing a program with support files

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Sun May 27 09:36:20 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm wanting to release a Haskell program, but am confused how I should
distribute the associated files it needs. On Windows I would use the
functions to find the path of the executable, and find the support
files relative to that - in Haskell (because of Linux) that isn't the
case.

The basic setup I have is:

foo.exe - main binary
library.hs - required by the binary
examples\*.hs - a massive tree of examples, which can be used by the binary

foo.exe also needs to create temporary files relative to library.hs
and the examples.

Thanks

Neil