[Haskell-cafe] Network.HTTP+ByteStrings Interface--Or: How to shepherd handles and go with the flow at the same time?

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Sun May 27 06:15:22 EDT 2007

Hello Jules,

Friday, May 25, 2007, 1:17:49 AM, you wrote:

> The key point under discussion was what kind of interface the HTTP
> library should expose: synchronous, asynchronous? Lazy, strict?

isn't it possible to implement simplest (strict sync) interface as
base and then add higher levels if they are complicated enough ?
(otherwise it should be simpler to do the same in each application /
3rd-aprty lib)

in particular, we have a long-standing problem of customized io
manager (instead of current io thread) which should work with any
async i/o method (kqueue and so on) and this manager should be used
for low-level implementation (i.e. we will have sync interface but
internally all i/o will be done async via this thread and many haskell
lightweight thread can work simultaneously)

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com