[Haskell-cafe] Hugs

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Sun May 27 05:52:10 EDT 2007

Hi

> It's a shame really; the 2003 release of Hugs worked flawlessly. The new
> 2006 release has a much nicer UI, but... it behaves unpredictably. In
> particular, it has a habit of printing garbage instead of computation
> results.

This is not in the bug tracker. Do you have a reproducible test case?
I think I fixed one bug related to this a while back.

> Also, more than once I've been visited by Dr
> Watson. I don't care *what* you do to a program, it should _never_ crash
> that badly...

I've never crashed WinHugs, ever. If you could say *what* crashes Hugs
we'd have a much better chance and fixing it.

> There is also the minor detail that the uninstaller doesn't actually
> work. ("The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction...") So I
> can't even remove the program from my computer now. :-(

Just delete the directory and you'll be fine, it doesn't install
.dll's in Windows directories etc. This is a known bug, and on the bug
tracker, and will be fixed in a new release shortly.

Thanks

Neil