[Haskell-cafe] New book: Real-World Haskell!

Anthony Chaumas-Pellet alneyan at vectorstar.net
Fri May 25 14:21:04 EDT 2007

> 3) I can browse a Subversion repository with a web browser instead of
> having to download code from the repository from the command line (of
> course command line is still available). Sometimes viewing a version
> of a code sample online is all that is needed to answer a question,
> and in that case I prefer to look instead of downloading a file that I
> have to delete.

Darcs does have Darcsweb that can be used for the same purpose, with
the full array of Darcs viewing features. Darcsweb isn't nearly as
widespread as ViewCVS and the like, but it exists and can be set up
easily enough.

For the 'I only want to check a file' scenario, you don't need any
kind of software; just point your browser towards the file, in plain
HTTP style.

Anthony