[Haskell-cafe] Editor OT: streamofconciousness

Chaddaï Fouché chaddai.fouche at gmail.com
Tue May 22 15:47:52 EDT 2007

While I strongly disagree with you on the fact that "refactoring" is
just big macros (well it is, simply they're macros which operate more
on structured code than on structured text, ie they're aware of the
semantic of the language on which they're operating, and I don't know
you but I don't code macro like that in less than a few days/weeks
(/months ?)... Let's say _really_ big macros and settle at that), I
thank you for introducing me to acme. It seems really interesting, and
with the acme-sac project I can use it on my OS.
So thanks.

(Oh and if you saw things your coworker called refactoring and you
would have done as well with a one-line macro in emacs (or even a
standard command), it's just that you're right to consider
"refactoring" as a buzzword, but it's not only that)

--
Jedaï