[Haskell-cafe] Random idea

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Sun May 20 06:50:46 EDT 2007

Greetings.

I was thinking... we already have Lambdabot sitting in an IRC channel.
How hard would it be to mangle Lambdabot to the point where it works
over HTTP? You know - so you could type some Haskell into a form on a
web page, hit [submit], and get the result sent back to you? (Again,
assuming it can be computed in a sane amount of time/space, and
truncated to some reasonable textual length.)

I think it might be kinda neat to have such a thing linked from the
Haskell.org homepage. You know, sort of "hey, wanna try Haskell without
installing any stuff? Click here!"

...on the other hand, maybe I'm just strange... :-$