[Haskell-cafe] Profiling, measuring time

Steffen Mazanek haskell at steffen-mazanek.de
Sat May 19 15:31:54 EDT 2007

Hello,

I have written a function f, that performs a quite complex operation on its
argument.
Furthermore I have another function genInput that takes a number and
constructs
an argument for f of this size.

What I want now is a list [(n,time)] that gives me for every size of input n
the time, f needs
to compute this input.

How can I do this? I have found the module Time and tried diffClockTimes,
but I ever got
zero as a delta.

Help is greatly appreciated. There is probably a way to do this via ghcs
profiling but I hope
that there is also a "normal" Haskell way of doing this.

Best regards,
Steffen

--
Dipl.-Inform. Steffen Mazanek