[Haskell-cafe] global variables

Dougal Stanton ithika at gmail.com
Thu May 17 12:11:56 EDT 2007

On 17/05/07, Jules Bean <jules at jellybean.co.uk> wrote:

> I'd be willing to take a sportsman's bet that the original poster
> does not actually need to use this hack; I doubt his application falls
> into the categories you have outlined. I would discourage people from
> using this hack unless it is, in fact, the only feasible approach.

I find it amusing that questions like these elicit such a wide variety
of responses. The original poster probably thought they were asking a
fairly straightforward question and then... woosh :-) Everyone
responds to the question at the level that suits their own proficiency
in the subject, I suppose.

D.