[Haskell-cafe] Imagining a G-machine

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Wed May 16 18:41:30 EDT 2007

I look forward to the day when the OS will notice that a binary was
compiled from haskell, and therefore is provably not buggy due to
haskells strong type system. So it happily turns off all
memory protection and lets it run on the bare hardware at full speed. :)

This is not entirely unreasonable, operating systems with trusted
compilers and typed assembly languages are active areas of research.

I was thinking that if I were to try to implement a G-machine, I'd start
with an FPGA and start hacking one of the open MIPS cores out there, but
I think I like your soupcan solution better. :)

        John

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈