[Haskell-cafe] readline crashes in Emacs buffer on Windows

Gleb Alexeyev gleb.alexeev at gmail.com
Tue May 15 09:55:48 EDT 2007

Hello Cafe!

I asked about this problem on IRC channel but with little luck.
The problem boils down to the following: readline crashes on any input
if the calling program runs in the Emacs buffer. To reproduce this bug,
load the code below into ghci using haskell-mode and run main.

 >import System.Console.Readline
 >
 >main = do readline "prompt"
 >          putStrLn "You cannot see this, because I've crashed. Amen"

I'm running Windows 2003 Server, GHC-6.6, Emacs 22.0.50.1.