[Haskell-cafe] Mathematica

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Fri May 11 20:05:39 EDT 2007

On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 11:26:42AM +0100, Andrew Coppin wrote:
> Hi folks.
>
> How difficult would it be to implement Mathematica in Haskell?
>
> I mean, I really like Mathematica, but it costs over £2,000. I can't
> really afford to pay that much for something that's only really a "toy".
> (It's not like a *need* it for anything, I just like playing with it.)

You might want to try maxima http://maxima.sourceforge.net/ and TeXmacs
http://www.texmacs.org/ for a nice and open source CAS solution.

A TeXmacs interface to ghci might be a fun project if someone were
bored and would certainly spice up the screenshots on the ghc page. :)

        John

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈