[Haskell-cafe] generate Haskell code from model

Steffen Mazanek haskell at steffen-mazanek.de
Wed May 9 12:52:29 EDT 2007

I have done some experiments relating to our discussion. The approach to
generate Haskell code from UML class diagrams is not very promising. However
one may define a visual notation of Haskell (this is no new idea of course),
provide better tool support (in particular editor+code generator) and pull
the Haskellers away from vim, emacs or even from the Visual Studio Plugin
"Visual Haskell", that is more a Haskell IDE Integration than a visual
programming environment (great work either way!).

I have described a possible toolchain towards a real Visual Haskell at my
blog:

http://www.steffen-mazanek.de/blog/2007/05/visual-language-howto.html

Best regards,
Steffen