[Haskell-cafe] How to parse a date and time?

Justin Bailey jgbailey at gmail.com
Mon May 7 19:04:57 EDT 2007

Looking at the libraries documentation, it seems like parsing a string into
a time and date should be as simple as:

import Data.Time.Format (parseTime)

myDate = parseTime "..."

where "..." is some string. But these functions don't seem to exist! I can't
find many references to them in the wild, and the module "Data.Time.Format"
is not found under GHC 6.6 or Hugs.  I am running Windows, if it makes a
difference.

Are the docs just out of date[1] or is it my install? How can I parse a
string into a Data.Time.Calendar.Day value (or some other time value)?
Thanks for any help!

Justin

[1]
http://haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/libraries/time/Data-Time-Format.html