[Haskell-cafe] Re: (Chaos) [An interesting toy]

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon May 7 09:27:29 EDT 2007

| Ah well, I doubt I'm going to come up with any new ideas for how to make
| my code go faster, but it's mildly entertaining wading through over 200
| KB of textual output trying to guess what it means.

Ha ha.  You did say that you wanted to know what GHC *really* does :-)

Seriously, there is mileage in someone working on the core-language pretty-printer to make it less intimidating.  It was never really designed for wide consumption, and could be a lot better.  Suppressing more qualified names, for example.

Simon