[Haskell-cafe] Re: The Functional Pearls

Donald Bruce Stewart dons at cse.unsw.edu.au
Sat May 5 13:00:29 EDT 2007

jon.fairbairn:
> dons at cse.unsw.edu.au (Donald Bruce Stewart) writes:
>
> > I've created a wiki page collecting the 'functional pearl' papers that
> > have appeared in JFP and ICFP and other places over the last 20 odd
> > years.
> >
> >     http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Research_papers/Functional_pearls
> >
> > Lots of lovely functional programs there.
> >
> > There's also a list on that page of pearls that don't appear to be
> > online. If you know where they live, please add the links!
>
> The ones that appear in JFP are on line... in some
> sense... it's just they want money for looking at them.  I
> don't suppose we could somehow persuade CUP to make them
> freely accessible after a year or two?

I found that the vast majority are in fact online via the author's
websites. And in fact, JFP seems to have free access (temporary?) for
the Jan 07 JFP (only).

Yes, it really does seem a shame not to have access to the back issues,
nor to work of authors who don't put their journal articles online.
I want to read Bird's sudoku solver!

-- Don