[Haskell-cafe] The Trivial Monad

Derek Elkins derek.a.elkins at gmail.com
Fri May 4 20:59:46 EDT 2007

Dan Piponi wrote:
> I don't know anything about Continuation-based IO. Is there a
> reference online I could read about it?

Many of the hits you get from putting 'Haskell "continuation-based IO" into
Google give some information.  But here is one reasonable paper on it
http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/hudak89expressiveness.html
"On the Expressiveness of Purely-Functional I/O Systems" Hudak 1989. (Also, one
may want to look at "The Essence of Functional Programming".)

Note, however, that I was being sardonic in my previous email.