[Haskell-cafe] Hugs/nhc getting progressively slower

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Wed May 2 10:55:42 EDT 2007

Hello Neil,

> the "right answer" always, then I think its a much nicer choice. For
> the particular case of ByteString, type ByteString=String means you
> roughly import Data.List - not that much additional work or
> maintenance.

then Binary library want to access ByteString at low level, imports
Data.ByteString.Base and discovers that all great low-level functions
defined there can't work with lists :)

btw, i has the same problem with my Streams/AltBinary lib. once i
missed one INLINE pragma and got 200x slower computation even with
"ghc -O2"!

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com