[Haskell-cafe] Cabal, lib and exe in one

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Wed May 2 08:58:53 EDT 2007

On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 10:08:41 +0100, Simon Marlow wrote:
[..]
>IMO we shouldn't allow both a library and an exe in the same package.
>I think I argued against this originally, and my understanding is that
>doing this is deprecated, although perhaps not visibly enough.
>Whenever the question of what to do about lib+exe packages arises, the
>discussion tends to spiral out of control into what we should do about
>collections of packages in general.
>
>For now, the simple story is that each package should have either a
>single library or a single executable (even multiple executables in a
>package is questionable; if they share some code it shoud be in a
>package).

So, you are saying that I should split my library and its test app(s)
into separate packages?  That would also mean that I have to install the
library before compiling and running the tests, right?

Hmmm, if that's the case then I have to say that cabal won't suit me
very well.  Are there any options to cabal?

/M

magnus at therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning at gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus