[Haskell-cafe] Re: Poor first impression

Simon Marlow simonmarhaskell at gmail.com
Tue May 1 05:55:11 EDT 2007

brad clawsie wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 09:53:06PM +0100, Andrew Coppin wrote:
>>  brad clawsie wrote:
>>> installing a modern linux on this box is a thirty minute exercise.
>>  Ah - a volunteer! :-)
>
> absolutely! for the low cost of one round-trip business-class seat from
> san jose to wherever this box is, and i will happily insert a recent
> ubuntu cd and click the install icon.

Well, no way is it a 30 minute job to upgrade the OS on a production multi-user
Linux system.  Surely I don't need to go into details here.

A better solution would be to use someone else's box via BuildBot.  I think
someone offered to donate a couple of FC boxes for the builds recently.

Cheers,
	Simon