[Haskell-cafe] FIT for Haskell

Bayley, Alistair Alistair_Bayley at invescoperpetual.co.uk
Tue May 1 05:09:45 EDT 2007

> From: haskell-cafe-bounces at haskell.org
> [mailto:haskell-cafe-bounces at haskell.org] On Behalf Of Philipp Volgger
>
> Who wrote FIT for Haskell on http://darcs.haskell.org/FIT/?
> Does anybody know if the version is stable?

Hello Philipp,

That would be me. It's not finished or stable, and I don't think it'll
work with GHC-6.6 on Windows because it uses hs-plugins. I figured I'd
better save the code somewhere, because I lost some work when my laptop
died last year.

It's not finished in the sense that I haven't implemented all of the
test suite; I got as far as the Music Example in the standard tests
(http://fit.c2.com/wiki.cgi?MusicExample) but I have not implemented
RowFixture, which the Music Example requires. Also, the
Algol-derivative-language implementations of FIT (Java, C#, etc) use
static class variables (i.e. global mutable state) in the Music Example,
so there's some redesign work to get it to run in Haskell.

I'd be happy to explain how it works if you're interested in
contributing.

Alistair
Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this message,
and any attachments, may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. It is intended solely for the person(s) or entity to
which it is addressed. Any review, retransmission, dissemination,
or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient(s) is