[Haskell-cafe] Why the Prelude must die

Andrzej Jaworski himself at poczta.nom.pl
Fri Mar 30 08:25:49 EDT 2007

>> I noticed your Clifford Algebra some time ago and was impressed. Geometric Algebra with
>> its infinite dimensional structures needs lazy evaluation so Haskell should shine, no
>> doubt

> Some uses use the somewhat hazy idea of infinite dimensional Clifford algebras,
> notable some versions of quantum field theory, but most uses are quite finite
> dimensional.

GA is infinite in nature. It can be viewed mathematically as factorizable Clifford algebra
but consistent geometrical interpretation is not possible as elements of Clifford algebra
can be constructed by addition. Haskell cannot profit from functional analyses methods as
yet - hence multidimensionality in geometrical context sprung to my mind.

I didn't think Don wanted his examples to compete with tens of well groomed
low-dimensional Clifford packages and libraries spanning Java, C, C++, all CAS-es, etc. On
this level of presentation only multidimensionality can give Haskell any justice.