[Haskell-cafe] ghc warning "Var/Type length mismatch"

Nicolas Frisby nicolas.frisby at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 18:44:00 EDT 2007

When I load my program, GHC spits these messages at me, but doesn't
fail Any idea what might be causing this or how to figure that out?

Var/Type length mismatch:
    []
    [a{tv aGIf} [tau]]
Var/Type length mismatch:
    []
    [a{tv aGN8} [tv]]

I found the responsible code in GHC's darcs, but the context didn't
lend any help my feeble non-GHC hacker brain.

My program is kind of big and I'm using personal libraries that
exercise the type system a lot, but I'll wait to see if anyone is
interested or if this has been handled before I share the gory
details. This tidbit might help: I have a couple of usages of
undefined in my program b/c I'm just starting to code and if I replace
a particular undefined of this with some typed dummy code, it removes
the second set of mismatches, but not the first.  I tried also
replacing the other undefined, but the first set of mismatches
remained.

Glasgow Haskell Compiler, Version 6.7.20070214, for Haskell 98,
compiled by GHC version 6.7.20070214

Also, is there a better list for this question? I half-heartedly tried
haskell.org's list of mailing lists for an appropriate place for GHC
bugs but didn't find one.

Thanks for your time,
Nick