[Haskell-cafe] Re: ANN: HSH 1.2.0

Thomas Hartman tphyahoo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 04:22:06 EDT 2007

Some progress, but still not solved.

I built ghc6.6 from source, but apt-get / libghc6-mtl-dev now seem to
be circularly dependent.

I'm not such an apt expert, is there an easy way out of this using
packages or do I have to keep building everything from source?

*************

thartman at linodewhyou:~/haskellInstalls$ sudo apt-get install libghc6-mtl-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
libghc6-mtl-dev is already the newest version.
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
  libghc6-mtl-dev: Depends: ghc6 (>= 6.6) but 6.4.1-2ubuntu2 is to be installed
                   Depends: libghc6-base-prof
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or
specify a solution).
thartman at linodewhyou:~/haskellInstalls$ sudo apt-get install ghc6
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
ghc6 is already the newest version.